In a world of throw away pop, where idols come and go, an artist who has stood the test of time is undoubtedly Danny K
Danny K is no stranger to the creative birthing process of making music. After a personal hiatus and time to find creative inspiration for his 5th solo album, he is back with Good Look- crafted to showcase Danny’s extensive and varied vocal range.
In Danny’s words “Music is highly competitive. There are artists from around the globe after your ears and your soul and to still be standing in the spot light is an honour that I don’t take for granted”
He attributes his longevity to his careful creative direction and choice of musical themes. “I have always concentrated on making sure that my music is relevant, a sign of the times.”
- Multiple SAMA (South African Music Award) nominations since the start of his career, including Best Pop Album and Best R&B Album
- Winner of the 2005 SAMA Award for Best Pop Album for his collaboration with Mandoza titled Same Difference
- Winner of the 2007 SAMA Award for Best Pop Album English for his album This Is My Time
- Winner of 2006 Channel O Award for Best Collaboration for his
album Same Difference With Mandoza
- Nominated for a Channel O Awards in 2007
- Nominated for 3 Metro FM Awards in 2007 for his album This Is My Time
- His song Real Man nominated for Song Of The Year at the South African Music Awards in 2008
- Nominated for a Channel O Awards in 2008
- 2 Consecutive Kids Choice Awards (voted by over 1 million SA kids)
- 2 Consecutive Crystal Awards (People’s Choice Awards)
- Winner of You Magazine Award for Best South African Musician (the largest magazine publication in SA)
- SA Style Award for best dressed Male
- Joint Winner together with Kabelo Mabalane of the 2011 Jewish Achievers Humanitarian Award for his work and founding of the Shout Foundation.
- A groundbreaking collaborative album with Kwaito (African Hip Hop) star Mandoza titled Same Difference sold GOLD in 2 weeks – enormous numbers in the SA market. The collaboration took the country by storm and has received many awards and critical acclaim, eg Best Pop Album –SAMA awards 2005
- The song SHOUT recorded to initiate the SHOUT crime campaign was the Winner of the 2011 SAMA award for the biggest selling full track download of the year
- Winner of the 2013 ‘Best RNB Album’ Metro Music Award, for Good Look
- The second SHOUT foundation song You’re The Voice was Winner of the 2013 SAMA award for the biggest selling full track download of the year.
- Nominated for a Channel O Awards in 2013
- String of number one, top ten singles and Gold albums in his career
- Nominated for 2014 SAMA for Best POP Album and Best Producer
- First South African musician to perform on the legendary Oprah Winfrey Show in Chicago. Other guests on the day included Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner, Josh Groban and John Travolta
- Toured, double billed and performed in South Africa with the likes of – Usher, Craig David, Puff Daddy, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Eric Benet, Bob Geldof, U2, Queen, Beyonce, Ludacris, Will Smith, Annie Lennox, Christina Aguilera, Deborah Cox, Dianna Ross, Seal, Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, Akon, Elton John, Jonathan Butler, Maria Carey and the Grammy Award Winning Soweto Gospel Choir
- Collaborated on the track I Have A Vision with Ali Campbel (ex UB40) on his album released in 2009
- Performances for MTV at the 2000 MTV Staying Alive Concert in Cape Town and the MTV 100th Live, televised to hundreds of millions of viewers in the world by MTV. Performance at the Cricket World Cup Opening in Cape Town televised to over 2.5 billion world viewers.
- Opening performance for Al Gore’s Live Earth World Concert in South Africa televised to billions worldwide
- Performed at the 46664 Nelson Mandela 90th birthday celebration banquet in London. Also performing that night was Sir Elton John.
- Guest judge on the 2011 MNet Idols season at the Cape Town auditions
- Numerous performances on Mnet idols
- Judge of the Idols Competition “Be The Band” in 2012
- Performance in 2011 for the Royal visit to South Africa of Prince Charles
- Danny K’s cross over power was confirmed by researches at the University of KwaZulu-Natal as being one of the most accessible White south Africans who mixes easily with fellow Black South Africans
- Ambassador for Nelson Mandela’s 46664 Campaign to fight Aids in Africa. Other ambassadors include Brad Pitt, Josh Groban, Will Smith, Richard Branson, among others. Danny K was one of 5 SA acts chosen to perform at Nelson Mandela’s 46664 concert at Greenpoint Stadium broadcast to over 3 billion people around the world
- Establishing his own Record, Production, Publishing and Management Companies
- Founder, together with fellow musician, Kabelo Mabane of the SHOUT Foundation
- E Entertainment, the International TV Channel, included Danny K on the list of The World Sexiest Men in December 2008
- Author of the book Take It From Me published by Pan MacMillan in 2012 as part of the Youngster Series
- Danny K is a sought after writer and producer having written and produced songs for some of South Africa’s biggest artists such as 101, Jamali, TK, Kabelo, Mandoza and RJ Benjamin
- Graduating from Wits University and Wits Business School with 2 degrees in Law and Business Administration
- 2013 saw Danny, in association with Samsung, develop and release the first ever Samsung Mobile App Development, around his latest album, Good Look.
- Danny has been instrumental in the developmeny of the Kleek Application together with Universal, EMI and Samsung SA, brining the availability to South African’s to purchase music via their Samsung phones
- 2014, developed, designed and distributed Rocka, personalized headphones, in association with MiCasa, Khuli China, DJ Fiesta and DJ Tira.
- Well-known personality and regularly featured in South African media – print, online and broadcasting.
Extensive charity and social work for many worthy causes in South Africa, eg performing in front of over 30 000 underprivileged kids for Nelson Mandela and Oprah Winfrey at Mr. Mandela’s annual Birthday party in Qunu in the Transkei.
Danny is the co-founder of the SHOUT Foundation, a patron of Reach For A Dream, The Smile Foundation, a Life Champion for Life College of Africa, “a friend” of UNICEF as well as being “the face” of 16 Days of Activism Against Women and Child Abuse in 2007 and many other worthy causes
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Go to DANNYK.COM OR
e-mail : email@example.com